Boutique Medical Spa
Botox Procedures In Miami & Miami Beach
"Look Fresh, Not Frozen"™
- Miami Beach's #1 Medical Spa dedicated to meeting your anti-aging goals and addressing your skin care concerns
- We customize your treatment plan and choose the perfect products and procedures for your skin type
- Our staff is warm, friendly, attentive and educated in every aspect of the business. A visit to our office is like visiting close friends and family!
5 Star Google and Yelp Reviews
What Can Michelle and Her Team Do For You?
Before & After
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Botox made of?
Botox is a purified protein made from a neurotoxin called Botulinum Toxin Type A that is produced from the bacterium Clostridium botulinum.
What are the bad side effects of Botox?
Side effects from Botox include pain at the injection site, swelling, bruising, headache and flu-like symptoms.
How long does Botox last?
Botox results last 3-6 months.
How much does Botox cost?
Cost varies on number of areas treated, amount of movement desired, and muscle strength (ie stronger/larger muscle mass requires more units.)
At what age should I start Botox?
We do not perform Botox treatments on patients younger than age 18.
How much is Botox for the forehead?
Cost varies based on number of units used. Your aesthetic provider will do a consultation to determine the look you are going for and then give you the cost.
Does Botox last longer the more you get it?
In general, you will need fewer Botox treatments over time if you are consistent with your treatments.
Is Botox safe?
Botox injections are perfectly safe when performed by an experienced, licensed medical provider.
What should you not do after Botox?
We ask that you not work out or lie down for two hours after the procedure.
What are the long term effects of Botox?
The effects of Botox injections are temporary and, therefore, people get repeated injections over time. Research on long-term effects is limited.
Can you get botulism from Botox?
Miami & Miami Beach Botox
As we age, it’s only natural to accumulate facial imperfections, often making us look older than we actually are. Although aging is inevitable, Michelle and her team at Miami Beach Laser and Aesthetic possess an unparalleled amount of experience, knowledge and passion to address your anti-aging skin care concerns. Botox, one of the most popular non-surgical procedures, is perfect for a range of wrinkles, lines, creases, and even excessive underarm sweating.
What is Botox?
Botox is a purified form of botulinum toxin A produced from the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. This means there is no risk of botulism. It is often used to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles and can be used to treat other medical conditions.
How does Botox work?
Throughout our lifetime, we accumulate wrinkles and creases from making expressions. We’re able to make these expressions by either consciously or unconsciously contracting our facial muscles. Botox injections work by blocking chemical signals from our nerves and prevent the affected areas’ muscles from contracting.
What problems can Botox injections help with?
The most common issues Botox treats are:
- Forehead wrinkles
- Frown lines (area between the brows)
- Crow’s feet (wrinkles around the eyes)
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Vertical lip lines
- Bunny lines
- Corners of the mouth (depressor anguli oris muscle)
- Wrinkling on the neck
- Masseter muscles (to slim the face and help with grinding/headaches)
- Excessive underarm sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Neck bands (platysmal muscle)
- Dimpling or cobbling of the chin (mentalis muscle)
- Avoid Aspirin and anti-inflammatory medication, such as Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, or Advil, at least five days prior to procedure to avoid bruising.
- Avoid Alcohol consumption two days prior to treatment to avoid potential bruising
- Avoid Omega-3-Fish Oil two to three days prior to treatment to avoid potential bruising
- Be Patient – results from Botox injections are noticed two to ten days after treatment and we do not do touch-ups prior to two weeks. Keep in mind that results last for three to four months
- Most common side effects from treatment include headaches, bruising, discomfort at injection site, and are usually short-lived
- Patients who are pregnant, actively trying to get pregnant, breastfeeding, or who have neurological disease should not have Botox injections
Post Treatment Instructions
- No strenuous exercise or lying down for at least four hours after treatment
- Avoid rubbing or massaging the treated area for at least four hours after treatment
- No facials for at least 24 hours after treatment
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 24 hours
- Avoid laser treatments, IPL, or any type of energy device treatments for at least 24 hours post-procedure
- You may use Arnica tablets for any swelling and/or Bromelain tablets/pineapple for any bruising following treatment